Sunday, June 22, 2008

My First Attempt at a Mandala...


A Four-Sided Mandala from a Sunflower
original photograph by MaryAnn Cleary
copyright by MaryAnn Cleary




Mandala No. Two
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

The mandalas above are my first attempts at making them using Photoshop Elements. It took some time to figure it out, but what fun once I did. The first is a simple four sided one and the next is a six-sided and my favorite as far as making mandalas. The photo for the above actually came from a calla lily that was growing and blooming in my kitchen area. What a beauty.

Look for more of these. I may also going to try doing some with watercolor and pen & ink, but so far I really enjoy the manipulation of a photograph.

Enjoy and feel free to leave any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment