Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Is Color That Powerful???



Color can be a very powerful means of subconsciously getting folks to view or see a painting, a way to invoke emotion and a means of sending a message.

In paintings, color can depict moodiness or grab the eye of the viewer to take a closer look. Red has a means of popping out to the front in a painting. Some paintings have a calming effect on the viewer. Does color play a part in it? Definitely.

As I do my daily paintings , I will take a more conscience look at color. Those used for the backgrounds. Those colors used for emphasis. The color used for the overall color theme. All are important in the overall composition of a painting.

Why does a viewer like a painting? Is it color? Is it the composition? Is it the subject? To me, some paintings just seem to be "magical" and many times I am pretty clueless as to why.

What paintings do you like and why? Do you know? I would love to hear other comments on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment